Best Books for CSIR UGC NET Exam Preparation 2023
Let’s get started with the list of the Best Books to prepare for CSIR UGC NET 2023 examination.
The CSIR UGC NET stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. The CSIR UGC NET (also abbreviated as CSIR NET) is a national-level exam administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to candidates for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Assistant Professorships in Science subjects.
Candidate Criteria for the CSIR UGC NET 2023 Examination:
- Candidates with a Master’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized university in Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, and other fields are qualified to take the NTA’s UGC NET exam.
- This qualification requires a minimum of 55 percent for General/ EWS and OBC-NCL applicants, and a minimum of 50 percent for SC/ ST/ physically and visually impaired candidates.
- Candidates having a Ph.D. degree who finished their Master’s level examination before September 19, 1991 (regardless of the date of result declaration) would be eligible for a 5% aggregate mark relaxation (from 55 percent to 50 percent) in the UGC NET 2022.
- Transgender candidates will be given the same exam fee, age, and NET qualifying criterion (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as SC/ ST/ PwD candidates. The needed topic-wise cutoffs for the Transgender category, however, will be the lowest among all reserved categories in the corresponding subject, including SC/ ST/ PwD/ OBC–NCL.
- Candidates are advised to select the same NET subject for Paper 2 as their postgraduate specialty. If your Post-Graduation subject is not listed among the 81 NET subjects, you might take a comparable subject instead.
Age Limit for the CSIR UGC NET examination:
Upper Age Limit
SC/ ST/ PWD
Salary after the completion of the CSIR NET JRF:
- The shortlisted candidates will receive a fellowship of Rs. 31000/- + HRA per month (CSIR institutes) for two years.
- The shortlisted candidates will receive a three-year fellowship of Rs. 35000/- + HRA per month (CSIR institutions).
Assistant Professor CSIR NET Salary:
In the beginning, students can expect to get paid anywhere between Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 40,000 per month, depending on the college/institute.
The syllabus for CSIR NET Paper 1 is mentioned below:
General aptitude like series formation, numerical ability
CSIR UGC NET 2023: Books for Chemical Sciences Examination
Joint CSIR-UGC NET Chemical Science (Paper-II & III)
CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Chemical Sciences
Dr Hemant Kulshrestha, Dr Ajay Taneja
Trueman’s UGC-CSIR JRF / NET Chemical Sciences (Chemistry)
Modern Methods of Organic synthesis
Shriver and Atkins
Peter Atkins, Julio De Paula
Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves, Stuart Warren
CSIR UGC NET 2023: Books for Physical Sciences Examination
CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Physical Sciences
Dr. Surekha Tomar
H K Dass, Rama Verma
J C Upadhya
Modern Physics and Solid State Physics
S O Pillai
CSIR UGC NET 2023: Books for Mathematical Sciences Examination
CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Mathematical Sciences
Alok Kumar (Upkar)
Complex Variables and Applications (Brown and Churchill)
Ruel Churchill, James Brown
Contemporary Abstract Algebra
Joseph A Gallian
CSIR UGC NET 2023: Books for Life Sciences Examination
Lubert Stryer, Jeremy M Berg
Molecular Biotechnology: Principles and Applications of Recombinant
Bernard J Glick, Jack J. Pasternak, Cheryl L Patten
Ross and Salisbury
Thomas J Kindt
CSIR UGC NET 2023: Books for Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, & Planetary Sciences Examination
CSIR-UGC NET/JRF Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Exam Guide
An Objective Earth Sciences
Earth Science: The Physical Setting
Jeffrey C Callister
Climatology and Oceanography
D S Lal
Listyaan wishes you good luck with your preparations and makes sure to not take the load of the examination. Plan things ahead and success is yours.